This page is dedicated to our military men and women actively serving or having previously served in any branch of the armed forces.
The following is intended to help get you started with the VA process. Thank you for stopping by.
Take Advantage of Your VA Benefits
As a veteran or qualifying service member, you’re entitled to home purchase benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
A VA home loan from CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. gives you access to benefits you might not be able to get with other home financing programs. And because the VA guarantees the loan, CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. is able to offer you more favorable terms and conditions on your loan, including:
- A competitive interest rate
- No down payment requirement (sale price must not exceed appraised value)
- No private mortgage insurance
- Closing costs may be paid by the seller
- No penalty fee if you pay the loan off early
- Potential assistance from the VA if you have difficulty making payments
- You don’t need to be a first-time homebuyer
- You can reuse the benefit
- Surviving spouses may be eligible for a VA loan (contact us to learn more)
How to Get a VA Home Loan
- Identify your wants and needs in a home. Consider the features, styles, and amount of space you need. Find a real estate agent to work with as well.
- Call Vikki Plagens at CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. to get pre-qualified. She and her team will help you determine how much home you can afford.
- Obtain your Certificate of Eligibility. This document verifies that you meet the eligibility requirements of a VA loan. CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. can help you apply for this information.
- Work with your realtor to find a home and negotiate a purchase agreement. Ensure your purchase agreement has a VA Option Clause.
- Get a home inspection, then work with CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. to complete your loan application and gather all required documentation.
- We’ll order a VA appraisal and will start processing your credit and income information. Then, we’ll make a decision.
- Once everything is squared away, we’ll schedule your closing. You’ll pay your closing costs, sign your loan documents, and get your keys!
Call today to learn more about this program and to get pre-qualified.
Vikki Plagens, Branch Manager
CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc.
903 Wing Street
Plymouth, Michigan 48170
NMLS3029 • NMLS139239
All loans subject to underwriting approval. Certain restrictions apply. Call for details. Certificate of Eligibility required. NMLS3029. Equal Housing Opportunity.
“Thank you for your service. Now let us be of service to you.”
Gary Wojcik, REALTOR®