The world of new construction has experienced an upswing in interest over recent years.
Home buyers have been turning to this as a more gratifying option to the established home market.
As the cliche goes, it may not be for everyone.
Those who commit to this path are people looking for a fresh start, some input in the customization of the final product and alleviating the stress of multiple offers and fierce competition in the established arena.
Other advantages are:
- Known history of the house from the very start.
- Updated decor.
- New appliances.
- New mechanical features such as furnace, water tank, AC, etc.
- Usually first year warranties.
- Many times a new subdivision and/or immediate surrounding neighborhood.
Although new construction comes with a cost such as:
- An average six to seven month time frame from contract signing to the day of closing in which the buyer gets keys and possession.
- Taxes could be a little on the high side the first few years until the subdivision gets established with the local tax assessor.
- Closing fees can be higher than those at closing of an established home.
Nonetheless, the personal pros to the right buyer may override the cons.
Finally the question arises, does the buyer need a REALTOR® for new construction?
Technically, honestly and ethically the answer is no.
However, having someone with experience in the process is a great help. A REALTOR® knows all the right questions that the buyer would not think to ask, will guide the buyer through each stage of the process and will represent the buyer’s best interests.
Certainly these new construction buyers would agree:
“Being first time home buyers there was a lot of information we did not know. To make it more complicated we went with new construction??. Gary was with us every step of the way. Any questions we had he answered them and if he didn’t know he made sure he found out the answer. To me he went above and beyond to make sure our process went smoothly. Gary was great and I would recommend him!!”
“Gary is a wonderful agent. He helped us through the building process and always met our needs. He did his best when things were stressful and out of his control. I would and have recommended him to my friends and family. Very positive experience!”
—M W Livonia
For more info and any questions regarding the new construction process, feel free to contact me.